[LAU] Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

LAU Reader list at achromatopsie.com
Thu Dec 21 12:31:52 UTC 2017

Hello.

i still use an old firmware. As i do not really trust  - yet - MOTU with
Gnu/Linux.

Keep in mind that if this AVB series products work under Gnu/Linux, i
think it's more a side effect from USB audio Class compliant than a real
desire from MOTU (it has to work for Apple/Ipad).

As this new v1.3.2+102 firmware shows that you have nothing new in the
web interface ( no bios menu added with other options ? ) it may do
something for Windows/Apple Os's users ?!

On 2017-12-21 02:35, georgnk wrote:
> Hi.
> Yes the firmware is v1.3.2+102 (520 is for the avb)
> I don't know either what the bios menu is doing. I can only find bios
> if I
> press the select button from my interface and shows some info,nothing
> more.
>
> If you test it one day please let me know if you also have this (minor)
> issue.
>
> Have nice holidays. Cheers!
>

> list-2 wrote
>> Hello.
>>
>> I am away from my computer with the MOTU 624 AVB for the holidays.
>> I'll
>> make a try when i'll be back.
>>
>> But i've just checked the firmware pages of MOTU's web site and :
>>
>> v1.3.2+520 (Release Date 2017-12-13)
>>
>> A new one as been added few days ago. I've never tried this one.
>> Is the the firmware you running your card with ?
>>
>> The change log says :
>>
>> Added Bios menu
>>
>> Hmm i'm really wonder what it does, and if it break anything with
>> Gnu/Linux Os.
>>
>> Cheers !
>>

>> On 2017-12-20 02:41, georgnk wrote:
>>> Hello thank you for the reply.
>>> The clicks are periodic.well,not strictly periodic but almost every
>>> two
>>> seconds. I have tried your suggestions but didn't change something.
>>>
>>> What I have also discovered is that the clicks are not passing
>>> through
>>> my
>>> software. Testing a sine wave and using a spectrum analysis in real