[LAU] Hardware Soundcard - MOTU 624 AVB Working with Gnu/Linux - Debian 8.7

LAU Reader list at achromatopsie.com
Thu Dec 21 12:54:11 UTC 2017

Hello.

According to the manual :

https://s3.amazonaws.com/motu-www-data/manuals/avb/624_User_Guide.pdf

Page 45.

Do you run any optical device ? Or a outside clock device to sync with ?

The only «problems» i have with the MOTU 624 AVB with Gnu/Linux (Debian
8.7 and 9) are :

Got 1 Xrun per Hour, not matter what i do, even if i do nothing with the
computer.
If i change the Buffer size, sometimes called frames/period, the lower i
set it the more i get Xrun without doing nothing with the computer.
I guess it's a USB3 (never tested USB2) problem with either my
motherboard - not a new one - or Alsa....
Latency is not a problem for what i'm doing, as i also have with the
MOTU 624 AVB the routing grid that allow to have direct monitoring.

Other thing :
If i set the Sampling Rate in the MOTU 624 AVB's web interface, to
192000, all the «From Computer» (1 2 3 ...)  disappear, thus no sound
from anything played from computer.
Never investigate further this point as i do not know why i would use
192000 sampling rate...

Cheers !