[LAU] [Music] Off The Grid # 2

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Dec 30 01:39:59 UTC 2017

This is another piece done without any BPM ticking behind.  Again,
smooth and relaxed, piano based, perhaps even intimate.  Notes are not
exactly falling precisely on the spots.  Accent is given to the piano
theme, with some synth bass and other synth support.

Another perhaps "pensive" piece, where what was important was to
capture the improvisation and not refining it ad vitam aeternam.  I
also think that I do not have yet the skills required to refine such a
spontaneous expression while still keeping its essence.

This said, mixing a solo piano is not easy at all.  The pianoteq
modeling even has the noises of the hammers and the sustain pedal,
which makes me smile as this was played on a Novation Launchkey 49
keyboard.

Enjoy.  And cheers.

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/offthegrid-2