[LAU] [Music] Off The Grid # 2

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun Dec 31 01:47:28 UTC 2017

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 19:54:28 -0500 (EST)
Kirk Reiser <kirk at reisers.ca> wrote:

> Once again very nice. The end sort of sounds like it's tacked on but I
> suspect that is because it goes from fairly mobile to solitary. I
> agree with Jeanette that some reverb would have jelled it together a
> bit more, possibly, or....?

Indeed it was.  It stands out a bit too much.  For bridging to the
'tackled' piece, and for that piece itself, it would have been nice to
add a bit of reverb. I'll redo that part of the mix before putting it
aside.

This said, adding a reverb all the way to make it sound nostalgic,
perhaps more dreamy, could be nice although the way I see it would be
to remove the existing pianoteq processing to yield a very dry piano
sound, then to add reverb solely for its FX value.  Even the playing
could be adapted eg. not leaning so much on the sustain pedal to let the
reverb effect through.  I'll note it down as an idea for a redo of the
piece.

Thanks for the comments, cheers.