[LAU] [Music] Off The Grid # 2

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun Dec 31 15:12:32 UTC 2017

On Sun, 31 Dec 2017 12:21:23 +0100
Robert Jonsson <spamatica at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Robert,

> Nice tune! I like the airy flow. If I would adjust something it would
> be the synth bass, starts of fine but later on there are some notes
> which are a bit late, syncing them or even putting them early would
> enhance the experience, I think.

Absolutely.  There's potential in there for doing a 'serious' redo.
The idea behind this one though was to be as close as possible to the
first intent.  The piano just had about approx. 10 minutes out of thin
air.  10 minutes before these chords did not exist.  So they were
recorded in a very short time, and them other sounds added just about
as quickly.  There was more time spent mixing.

What would be the point in putting publicly a piece that has timing
problems and is perhaps not at its utmost representation ?  It would be
something like having the creative moment expressed in its most simple
way.  Of course, if people would actually pay to hear this, then
there'd be a lot more work put into.

> Found your channel, some really neat ambient stuff in there! :)

Thanks.  There's also some rougher material.  "I still haven't found
what I'm looking for" as the song goes.  Or something like that.  If I
ever work on making a CD I will have to choose.  Not to scare away
ambient people by having rough stuff, and not to scare away rough
people by having ambient stuff :)

Cheers.