[LAU] JACK recovery

Mac ussndmac at charter.net
Fri Feb 3 17:37:58 UTC 2017

 Hi Chris,

I thought I'd checked for setup tools, but I guess not. After installing
that it did more.

the *sudo make install-user *was just one attempt I made after the initial
no sudo didn't work.

Not sure if it's an issue but in amongst the output from the make was this:

byte-compiling build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/jackselect/jackselect.py to
jackselect.pyc
  File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/jackselect/jackselect.py", line 265
    def handle_jackctl_signal(self, *args, signal=None, **kw):
                                                ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Also, I noted that, though I'm using nothing but 3.x python, the install
sent stuff to:
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages

The make output makes no mention of python3.

And I don't see anything for jackselect in either pythonXX/dist-packages

But, the example app you provided in this thread works if I put it in the
.../jack-select/jackselect directory.

I know next to nothing about the install process...so this be may perfectly
normal.

Also, it appears in a quick glance at jackselect.py that the paths are
wored to places on your PC. Am I reading that right?

and

from .jackcontrol import ...

Does the .jackcontrol imply a relative directory?
(apologies for a programming question...I searched a bit but couldn't find
any reference...probably my using the wrong search terms.)

Mac