[LAU] Default (instrument plugins) tuning frequency

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Mon Jan 2 11:02:32 UTC 2017

Jan 2 2017, Yassin Philip has written:
> Is there such thing as a default tuning "norm" or (most probably) does every
> plugin do what it wants to do?
The default or standard tuning for typical western musical instruments
is at 440Hz. There are variations, when it comes to concert pitch. I
believe that the Americans sometimes choose 441 or 442Hz. But every
hardware synth - that I know of - is tuned to 440Hz with a well-tempered
scale.

If your scale is well-tempered one Hertz shouldn't matter much though, unless
at very low frequencies.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3