[LAU] A guide for beginners

Yassin Philip philcm at gnu.org
Sun Jul 16 15:28:38 UTC 2017

On 16/07/17 17:07, Leandro Noferini wrote:
> Ciao a tutti,
>
> I am an old fashion (also for age ;-)) ) musician but also a old linux
> enthusiast so I can read quite anything about musical theory and I can
> install, configure and use linux programs. Now I would like to join
> these two worlds and begin to understand and use linux to make music but
> I need something to begin: is there a guide or something similar for a
> beginner?
Ciao e benvenuto :)

Are you using a Debian-derived (Like Ubuntu or Mint, or like 2/3 of
Linux distros nowadays?) if yes, here's my *Guide for beginners* for you :

1-Install the KXStudio repos (copy & paste the commands on the
"Repositories" page <http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/Repositories>)
2-Install a sequencer and a truckload of plugins : sudo apt install
qtractor kxstudio-meta-audio-plugins-lv2
3-Read tutorials
<http://libremusicproduction.com/tutorials/qtractor-quickstart> and
watch videos <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHUwlmuFjq8>, you'll be
allright ; Ouh, ouh! And don't forget (please, really) to subscribe to
my YouTube channel <https://www.youtube.com/c/YassinPhilip-ManyRecords>,
it's free and Unfa nearly pays his phone bill with it
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6PD6Zsh1bo> lucky bastard (I only use
pre-paid cards, being poor is not cheap) of course don't miss his videos
too, it's so much better than TV :)
4-Publish

yPhil

Yassin Philip      New album NOW