[LAU] Monitor for usage with Ardour.

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jul 26 19:31:41 UTC 2017

On Wed, 26 Jul 2017 12:54:37 -0500, Chris Caudle wrote:
>For typical applications but not including video editing or photo
>editing I expect the less expensive monitor would be as good.

I've seen a lot of bad LCD monitors, but I don't know how old those
LCD monitors were. For more than a decade I planned to do computer
graphics, but in the end I most of the times used my analog graphic
equipment http://picpaste.com/pics/IMG_0897.1501096476.JPG (it shows
just some of the graphic equipment, but also music equipment, since it
was a template for an Ubuntu Studio graphic, that never was used). IOW
I will focus on making music with the computer and if I should do
computer graphics, I most likely anyway would use sketch software on my
iPad.

There are three issues I fear with cheap LCDs, less good
ergonomics regarding height adjustability and issues regarding
incidence of light, as well as a limited viewing angle. I don't need
excellent colour quality, as long as the colour shouldn't be really
bad, it's ok for my needs.

I guess I'll test one of the cheapest LCDs.