[LAU] Monitor for usage with Ardour.

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Wed Jul 26 17:54:37 UTC 2017

On Wed, July 26, 2017 12:05 pm, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> So to replace even a good CRT, the mentioned 139.00 € LCD would much
> likely do as good as the 292.00 € or a more expensive LCD?

My experience using high quality monitors is very limited, but the
information I have indicates these would be the primary differences
expected for more expensive monitors:
- better consistency of color between different units
- better ability to calibrate color (for example photographers may use
expensive calibration equipment to make sure monitor color matches
acceptable standard).
- better consistency of color as you move viewing position side to side or
up and down
- better quality if the monitor has to perform conversion from signal
resolution which does not match monitor native resolution

For typical applications but not including video editing or photo editing
I expect the less expensive monitor would be as good.

--
Chris Caudle