[LAU] Monitor for usage with Ardour.

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Jul 26 17:05:50 UTC 2017

On Wed, 26 Jul 2017 11:40:46 -0500, Brent Busby wrote:
>It's now pretty hard to find a modern LCD that isn't better
>than just about any CRT ever made, even amongst the cheap ones.

So to replace even a good CRT, the mentioned 139.00 € LCD would much
likely do as good as the 292.00 € or a more expensive LCD?

>DAW's can take lots of desktop space, so a dual monitor setup is a
>really good idea.

Two monitors could take a lot of "desktop" space, too ;). Actually the
screen size of the CRT is just a little bit too small, to fit a
complete Ardour main window, but I don't need more "virtuell desktop
workspace" for anything else. To create space I might put away my
Atari's SM124 and for testing purpose use the PC's CRT as a second
monitor, once I've got a LCD monitor, but I don't buy two LCD monitors,
especially since I don't have any experiences with them.