[LAU] jack, pulse = confusion, at least for me

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Mar 13 18:41:59 UTC 2017

On Mon, 13 Mar 2017, Mac wrote:

> Ok, so since I have done nothing to change anything from a default UBStudio
> 16.04, then I should be able to assume I'm working with jackd2.
>
> If I understand your reply, dbus provides some magic that allows pulseaudio (as
> installed with UBS16.04) to see when a jackd2 server is started and create the
> pulseaudio source/sinks.
>
> and the ds... arguments start the alsa source/sinks

Ya, I could have been a little more explanitory there... like I said the
documentation is just not there. Jack_control is written in python so it
is possible to directly read the source, but I found that running
jack_control with no arguements gives usage. from there I noted that dl
will return a list of drivers, dp will get me a list of what the current
driver parameters are and default to. il gies a sililar list for internals
etc. yu will notice a lot of the commands are to "get" information. It
would be handy to take all of this stuff and make a man page I am
guessing.

> ...the fog begins to clear. ;)

Good :)

--