[LAU] Ground loop noise problem using MSI H-97 Gaming 3 motherboard, SeaSonic SSR‑360GP 360W power supply.

john gibby johnalan.gibby at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 10:20:26 UTC 2017

I wanted to get back to this List, to let you know how things are turning
out.

I bought a used RME hdsp 9652, and a Frontier Tango24 for d/a over ADAT.
It is working pretty darn good.  I can easily run with 64 sample buffer, no
xruns (may try lower), and my digital piano app says my cpu performance
factor is 67/100, highest it's ever been.  And as some of you said, it
actually does seem to SOUND BETTER... :)  The piano sounds softer and
nicer, as if the hammer felt were softer.  The lowest bass notes sound
great; low A played with next octave A sounds better together I think. The
optical isolation between cpu and Tango has gotten rid of the bad
interference/hum I had.  I have one amp that can use 1.4v input
sensitivity, and 2 others that only can use .7v, but the Tango allows me to
set its individual outputs accordingly.  There is still very slight hiss,
which I guess is unavoidable, but I think I can reduce it by increasing the
signal level as much as I can coming from the PC, and turning down the gain
some on the amps.  Also, it may help to get rid of my 3 ams
(woofer/mid/tweeter) and replace them with just the Crown 1502 for woofers,
and a multi-channel amp for the rest (and for surround sound speakers, when
I get around to adding those.)

Thanks for all the help.   I'm happy...
John