[LAU] Arch Wiki Professional_audio

Hermann Meyer brummer- at web.de
Fri Mar 31 07:25:34 UTC 2017

Am 30.03.2017 um 17:25 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 16:47:20 +0200, Hermann Meyer wrote:
>> You'll never change anything on "travel time of the sound wave in the
>> air", so why make it complicated?
> If live music, theatre etc. should be your domain, you hopefully try to
> compensate issues caused by travel time. Or am I mistaken aren't there
> possible issues caused by travel times?
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

If there are, then it is related to the room / speaker positions.
Nothing you can change with pc-setup-tools.
Maybe with a specialized software for that, but again, no general
solution could be provided. More likely you'll look for a better speaker
position.

But most likely is the opposite, you'll use the travel time as "effect"
. To say, hey, this room has a nice acoustic, really great live atmosphere.