[LAU] AVB on linux: drivers?

Markus Seeber markus.seeber at spectralbird.de
Sun May 14 08:13:50 UTC 2017

On 05/14/2017 01:07 AM, Bearcat Şándor wrote:
> With regards to Moshe Werner's post on the Motu 1248 working on Linux, it
> seems that AVB (AES67) works on Linux as well.  This is a dream come frue
> for me.

AVB is not AES67.

> What i'm confused by, is where the drivers are. I can't find the drivers in
> the linux kernel or on alsa, but maybe my Googlefu is  weak today.  I do
> note that the Digigram LX-IP Digigram LX-IP RAVENNA, 128 in/out
> RAVENNA/AES67, PCIe Sound ...
> <https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0ahUKEwiGk-r4--3TAhUH-GMKHd_jDdAQFgg0MAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.proaudiosolutions.com%2FDigigram-LX-IP-RAVENNA-p%2Flx-ip-ravenna.htm&usg=AFQjCNHZQL_QnbT9UCqfDlMm2eDiEm8N3w&sig2=-FIZmhytlsRVo4H8mdhUwg>
> suppots
> Linux but i don't know wether it's a binary driver on an open standard, or
> a specialized driver for that card.
>
> In short, where does one get Ravenna drivers?

You have to ask your reseller to provide a linux driver. You will
usually tell them Which Distribution and which Kernel you use and they
will send you a compiled kernel module, in other word the driver is
proprietary.

For example fouraudio provides a PCIe card and proprietary linux drivers.
http://www.fouraudio.com/en/products/dante-pcie-card.html

best regards
Markus