[LAU] Motu 1248 - Full success

Mon May 15 17:13:37 UTC 2017

On 05/15/2017 01:56 AM, Moshe Werner wrote:

>         Could you elaborate on the connection scheme of your setup? Are the
>         different Motu boxes connected via the AVB switches?
>

>     The Motu boxes are connected through a Motu AVB switch and AVB
>     streams. As I do not have OpenAVB working (yet), the connections to
>     and from Linux are done through USB2. In all cases the main control
>     machine is connected to a 16A and auxiliary computers through the
>     24ai (because of AVB stream count). Everything else connects through
>     the internal routing matrix and AVB streams, very flexible. All
>     devices slave to one over AVB. Input and output not to the computer
>     are handled through analog and/or ADAT I/O.
>     So far so good... hopefully I will not run into any pitfalls :-)
>
> So the computer is connected to the switch too i guess? Or how do you
> control the routing?

I'm also connecting the computer to the switch to be able to control the
routing matrix, actually I'm connected to one of the AVB enabled ports.
The computer has an i210 Intel ethernet adapter that is AVB compatible
although I'm not running AVB on it yet (hopefully at some point in the
future I will be able to do away with the USB connection).

-- Fernando