[LAU] The Future 1 (the web)

Bill Purvis bill at billp.org
Tue May 23 08:30:53 UTC 2017

On 22/05/17 21:48, Johannes Kroll wrote:
> On Mon, 22 May 2017 18:30:27 +0200
> Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
>
>> I was commenting only on the visuals.
>>
>> I have no enthusiasm or interest in "DAW-as-service".
> Ok, decoupling the UI for a free DAW via OSC makes more sense. I tried
> clicking together a simple GUI with open-stage-control for some code I
> wrote in extempore. It seemed too sluggish for my taste. Not sure if
> it is a browser issue (I tried Chrome and Firefox) or an issue with
> open-stage-control, or an issue with browser-/javascript-based things
> in general. It would be nice to be able to create browser-based GUIs on
> the fly if the resulting UI would feel less sluggish.
I've been using the GUI interface to a Soundcraft Ui16 mixer - the response
seems quite adequate, so it should be feasible for a DAW. The browser is
Firefox on an old laptop running Linux Mint 17. Ethernet wired connection
to the mixer. I occasionally use an Android tablet over WiFi to it using
Chrome, again response seems quite adequate for a GUI. I haven't looked
into the code yet...

Bill