[LAU] html5 in ff through jack

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Nov 1 17:26:03 UTC 2017

On Wed, 01 Nov 2017 18:01:02 +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
>My computer is carried around a lot.

My tower PC is immobile. I've got an iPad to carry around. For the iPad
I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 and a Behringer ADA8000. For the
PC I'm using a RME HDSPe AIO and the same Behringer ADA8000. I unlikely
will switch between my EIZO monitor's speakers via HDMI and the RME
audio card.

>It sounds like you have to invest a lot of thought to work around using
>mainstream solutions.

I'm not using a workaround. Firefox could be used with plain alsa, and
still non of the app calculators "spielt ein kleines Musikstück", let
alone that the PC plays vinyl. If required I would use the apulse
"workaround" to use Firefox with plain alsa. That's less effort to
invest, than to care about turning pulseaudio on and off.