[LAU] Control iPad synth

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Nov 2 03:08:01 UTC 2017

On Wed, 1 Nov 2017 22:24:01 +0100, Christopher Arndt wrote:
>For older iPads with 30-pin connector:
>
>https://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPad-Camera-Connection-Kit/dp/B003RV3N1C/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8

I bought a Chinese CCK for 6,99€. I heard several times that
those Chinese products should be from less good quality, than original
Apple products, but my experiences with Chinese products prove those
rumours false.

>You'll probably need to power the interface with its own power adapter,
>since the iPad only provides very little current and will refuse to
>work with the interface if it draws too much current.

I'm using a Scarlett Focusrite 18i20. Yes, it has got it's own power
supply, but there's no need for an active (or passive) USB hub, when
using the Focusrite.