[LAU] Control iPad synth

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Nov 3 05:11:43 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2 Nov 2017 20:18:23 +0100, Oliver Heck wrote:
>So you recommend to buy a good quality 500$ audio card in combination
>with a 7€ CCK? ;-)

Yes, I do. Where do you think are the original Apple products made?
The quality of a Chinese fake could be better than the original Apple
product. If somebody should have bad luck, than it still was worth to
pay a few €, before buying an Apple original product.

If somebody wants to spend that much money, than better directly get
30pin to USB,
https://www.thomann.de/gb/iconnectivity_iconnect_midi_30_pin_ios.htm

I tested one, it works but doesn't work better than the cheap CCK, so I
gave it back to the dealer.

Btw. the Focusrite's Scralett line also provides cheaper audio
interfaces.

>I already own the original Apple CCK which is for sure overpriced like
>everything from them but on the other hand it has been working fine
>for the last 3 years, and I am using it frequently.

My Chines CCK works, too.

>BTW: A friend of mine used a china power supply that exploded while
>charging in my kitchen and flew out of the wall socket like a cruise
>missile. Luckily nobody was hurt and her iPhone survived, too.

Adapters and cables don't include anything that could explode. Btw.
my original iPad's charge cable jacked is made from plastic that
crumbles, the Chinese replacement is already old, too, but doesn't
suffer from such a bad jacket.