[LAU] Control iPad synth

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Fri Nov 3 09:46:32 UTC 2017

"David W. Jones" <gnome-4S9g3957RhF54TAoqtyWWQ at public.gmane.org> writes:

> On November 2, 2017 8:47:36 PM HST, some unidentifiable person wrote:
>
>> > In my experiences, the Chinese products sometimes are better than at
>> > least Apple original cables.

> You all know, of course, that Apple products are made in China, right?

These days, there is rather little in electronics products that isn't
made in China.  Actually, also most manufactured goods.  Can't beat
labor prize and workers' rights and labor conditions and environmental
restrictions there.

> Perhaps the junk products were the ones that failed Apple's QA checks.

Or whole product lines or suppliers.  It's not just Apple.  For stuff
like the iPhone, Apple basically OEMs whole factories.  For stuff like
the Thunderbird/USB adapters, they likely just OEM products (though they
probably get the exterior produced according to Apple design).

But basically every computer manufacturer produces in China (including
Japanese and Korean ones), and tablets and smartphones are also usually
made there.  Let alone all of the cheap electronic gizmos.  The quality
more or less is defined by how much involvement the companies have for
QA during and after production.

--
David Kastrup