[LAU] Can you experts answer questions about a MIDI a composer sent me?

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Mon Nov 13 08:01:16 UTC 2017

david wrote:
> In subsequent emails, he mentioned an 11th track in the MIDI. As the
> Rosegarden project shows, I only found 10 tracks.

The file has one track with tempo information, and ten instrument tracks.

>> The rhythm is completely gone, the speed is wrong too
>> and there is one instrument that does not belong there.
>>
>> Even the "syncopated" Hirajoshi scale melody is there
>> [when he plays his original composition using his software
>> on his system] this has completely vanished in your version.

Apparently, the synthesizer you are using works differently.  But it
might also be possible that the MIDI file is not an accurate
representation of the piece.  (Is he using MIDI at all?)

> But I wonder - could someone knowledgeable check the MIDI?

It's a very plain MIDI file, without any unusual controllers.  There is
constant tempo, each track sets the volume, and then only note-on/-off
messages.

Regards,
Clemens