[LAU] Massive Xruns during recording

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Fri Nov 24 19:16:57 UTC 2017

Hey hey,
when I recorded something today - after a long time - I noticed masive xruns
during recording, not during playback. I suspected LinuxSampler with the SFZ
engine, but - as far as I could see - it doesn't use much CPU. It's still
getting so bad that I get horrible timing issues. I am recording five stereo
tracks from LS, while four more tracks are playing back. Below you'll find
system/software info. I'd welcome any tip.

Kernel: 4.13.12-1-ARCH (64bit)
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor (as listed in /proc/cpuinfo)
realTimeConfigQuickScan reports that the system is good, except for no full
preemtion enabled in the kernel.
LinuxSampler: v2.0.0
jackd: v0.125.0 (-R --timeout 4500 -d alsa -C multi_capture -P multi_playback
-r 48000 -p 256 -z shaped)
multi_capture and multi_playback are ALSA devices that couple two MAudio Delta
1010LT cards (linked by S/PDIF clocking)
Internal hard-drive: apparently SAMSUNG HD154UI (as found via /sys)

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound