[LAU] Massive Xruns during recording

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Thu Nov 30 17:55:03 UTC 2017

Nov 30 2017, Peter has written:

> Dear Jeanette,
>
> as David pointed as, as long as you don't need a low latency
> for monitoring or real-time effects, there's no reason
> against a larger buffer.
I just tried a JACK period size of 1024, with the result of no xruns,
but also much too much latency. Since I have to monitor everything
through my soundcard and also receive guidance from previously recorded
tracks that will sadly be not a feasible solution.
> of 0.1s wouldn't hurt if it is sufficient to look at the meters
> simultaneously
Ah and there would be an additional snag. :) But for mixing a higher
delay is not a problem at all. Due to my recording environment and the
fact that I do studio work only, I do not work very "live".

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound

With you I get so high
Lost in the crystal sky