[LAU] Hoontech DSP24 with DSP C-Port 2000: how do I use the line in/out of the pci card in JACK?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Oct 5 07:54:56 UTC 2017

On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 21:47:52 -1000, david wrote:
>On 10/04/2017 08:21 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 16:32:00 -0500, Jan Depner wrote:
>>> blacklist snd_hda_intel
>>>
>>> because that caused all sorts of grief if I left it active.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> that's hard to believe. What do you mean by "left it active"? Could
>> you please give a few examples? What happens?
>>
>> Disabling the onboard audio device by the BIOS settings is a good
>> idea, if it's anyway unneeded, but this shouldn't necessarily be
>> required, to improve something, let alone that removing the module
>> shouldn't make a difference.
>
>Don't know about the original poster's situation, but disabling the
>onboard audio on my laptop via BIOS meant that Debian came up with no
>audio at all. Blacklisting the module worked better.
>
>As far as by "leaving it active", perhaps he means his system
>adamantly insists on making the on-board audio the default audio
>device for everything? My desktop system has onboard HDMI audio. Since
>it's connected to an HDMI monitor, the system would make the HDMI
>audio the default device. Not useful since the monitor has no
>speakers ...

same here, simply ensure that the device can't become hw:0

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
# ALSA module ordering
options snd slots=snd_hdspm,snd_ice1712,snd_ice1712

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ aplay -l | grep HDMI
card 3: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 3: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
card 3: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
card 3: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 9: HDMI 3 [HDMI 3]
card 3: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 10: HDMI 4 [HDMI 4]

Regards,
Ralf
--
Guerilla Open Access Manifesto: