[LAU] Hoontech DSP24 with DSP C-Port 2000: how do I use the line in/out of the pci card in JACK?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Oct 5 07:47:52 UTC 2017

On 10/04/2017 08:21 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 16:32:00 -0500, Jan Depner wrote:
>> blacklist snd_hda_intel
>>
>> because that caused all sorts of grief if I left it active.
>
> Hi,
>
> that's hard to believe. What do you mean by "left it active"? Could you
> please give a few examples? What happens?
>
> Disabling the onboard audio device by the BIOS settings is a good idea,
> if it's anyway unneeded, but this shouldn't necessarily be required, to
> improve something, let alone that removing the module shouldn't make a
> difference.

Don't know about the original poster's situation, but disabling the
onboard audio on my laptop via BIOS meant that Debian came up with no
audio at all. Blacklisting the module worked better.

As far as by "leaving it active", perhaps he means his system adamantly
insists on making the on-board audio the default audio device for
everything? My desktop system has onboard HDMI audio. Since it's
connected to an HDMI monitor, the system would make the HDMI audio the
default device. Not useful since the monitor has no speakers ...

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community