[LAU] firewire-thunderbolt adapter?

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Thu Oct 12 13:14:12 UTC 2017

Bernardo Barros <bernardo.barros-RWB/UN2hA5c at public.gmane.org> writes:

> Hello
>
> I have a quick question. I have an old MOTU Ultralite that works well
> with a thinkpad, which has a firewire I/O. Current Thinkpads don't
> have firewire, but some have thunderbolt. My old soundcard would work
> on a new thinkpad with an adapter, like it does with other OS's?

Coming back to the original question: Apple offers reasonably affordable
Thunderbolt-to-Firewire adapters (Firewire 800, one connection, about
$30).  I have no idea how the driver situation for a Thinkpad (or even a
Mac) would look under Linux.  "Requires OS x v 10.7.4 or later" does not
exactly sound like a long-supported standard chip.

--
David Kastrup