[LAU] firewire-thunderbolt adapter?

Anders Hellquist lau at hellquist.net
Tue Oct 17 13:45:56 UTC 2017

I believe the Apple Thuderbolt-to-Firewire is built with an TI chip and
will work out of the box under Linux

There are people running Apple adapter successfully under Linux

Check this thread..
https://sourceforge.net/p/ffado/mailman/ffado-user/thread/20160517022618.GJ30050%40marvin.atrad.com.au/

Where someone says:
"

 I am also using an Apple Thunderbolt-Firewire adapter without any problems.
   This is using Arch Linux on a Lenovo T430s which also has an ExpressCard
   slot - I've tried using the ExpressCard-Firewire adapter I used with my
   previous laptop but the Thunderbolt adapter seems more stable (not sure
   whether because of Firewire chip or other reasons).
"