[LAU] JACK netmanger to trigger the execution of a bash script on client connect/disconnect?

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Mon Oct 16 14:26:22 UTC 2017

Am 16.10.2017 um 13:34 schrieb Athanasios Silis:
> The ideal way to automate this would be to have jack
> master take care of all its connections and have netmanager trigger the
> execution of a script when a client connects.
>
> How can I do that without using application requiring an X server (thus
> a bash script)?? More specifically I want to know how I can trigger a
> script that carries out the connections, not what should the script
> contain...

I propose another solution: run a script on the server, that watches
JACK ports and automatically connects them as they appear according to
some rules.

Here's a simple C program that does this:

https://github.com/kripton/jack_autoconnect

And here's my Python program jack-matchmaker, which has a few extra
features, like reading supporting port aliases and reading port patterns
from a file and (with the newest version 0.6.0) surviving a JACK server
restart.

https://github.com/SpotlightKid/jack-matchmaker

HTH, Chris