[LAU] [Music] Spring Theme

Roger gurusonic at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 03:38:48 CEST 2018

On 08/04/18 01:01, jonetsu wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Apr 2018 20:56:34 -0400
> jonetsu <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> wrote:
>
>> This is a simple, upbeat and straightforward track, largely based on
>> synths, with a touch of acoustic guitar.  No angst in this one, or
>> maybe just a little touch of drama.
>>
>> The synth solo was made using Repro-1 seconded by Monique.  The piano
>> parts were pianoteq flanked by an electric piano from Discovery Pro.
>> The sequenced foundation was made using Bazille.  The guitar part was
>> played on a Shiraki guitar, with some fair bit of treatment. As
>> always, created in Bitwig, mixed and masterized in Mixbus32C.
>> Enjoy.  Comments of all kinds welcomed.
> Update: There's a new version uploaded (Saturday 7th 11:00).  Some drum
> parts IMHO now blends a bit better and the guitar was given a tad more
> presence.
>

> https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/spring-theme
Pleasant track but I agree with Yassin's comments, not your best. I
still love Jam12.
The synth solo from 2:04 I don't like at all soundwise. I'd prefer more
acoustic lead there instead similar to the later section. And imagine
replacing the electric piano with a beautiful grand piano. Mmmm!
Your mixing has improved markedly since you started, really nice balance
and tones with warmth and everything in it's place without masking other
parts. I'm a huge Mixbus fan as well.
Cheers
Roger