[LAU] [Music] Summer Theme

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun Apr 15 21:40:32 CEST 2018

On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 21:13:40 +0200 (CEST)
"Jeanette C." <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

> > https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/summer-theme

> The bass might need some sonic care. In the
> beginning it sounds unproportionally loud.

I like a lot that kind of bass.  That kind of bass and drums/percs
makes a tune.  Who needs anything else ? :)

> Now, having brutally slogged the bass, there is much more positive to
> be said about this piece. The arrangement is very pleasant. A good
> composition of all the frequency bands with enough room to spare in
> most of them. The percussion and arpeggio sounds are beside the
> ordinary and really caught and held my attention. You ended with a
> nice turn of phrase there. :) Overall, there is a swift,
> light-hearted flow.

Thanks.  It might be that because of the tone of the acoustic bass
guitar there's so much to add and so it makes for an arrangement that
is light.  The acoustic guitar, with the delay tracks takes care of
filling the harmonies.  Anything else must almost be upwards to this.
I'll see about using that approach later on, while taking care of not
putting the bass too far away.  Here it might be a bit on the loud
side, and it is noisy as the microphone (no pickup or transponder)
picked up a bit of everything.

Cheers.