[LAU] Microphone advice

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Apr 22 12:20:12 CEST 2018

On Sat, 21 Apr 2018 22:07:24 -1000, david wrote:
>I do sing (sort of), play a Garcia Concert Model 3 nylon string
>classical guitar, and occasionally do silly things like play my
>collection of wind chimes ...
>
>So - what would be a good, reasonably-priced mic for those uses?

Hi,

I would test a matched pair of Rode condenser microphones.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/rode_m5_mp.htm?ref=search_rslt_rode_326853_2
https://www.thomann.de/gb/rode_nt_5.htm?ref=search_rslt_rode_154595_1

I never used one myself, but at this price segment Rode microphones have
a good reputation.

If I wouldn't have bought a Sun Valley Super Shredder FR S + case +
Roland GK-Kit-GT3, a Roland GR-55GK Black and some nuts and bolts such
as a guitar stand and guitar strap this month and if I wouldn't need to
pay for assembling the Roland GK-Kit-GT3 to the new Schecter, I would
order such a pair myself. Unfortunately assembling the Roland
GK-Kit-GT3 is that expensive as a matched pair of Rode NT5. Since
assembling the GK-3 pickup with this borg thingy to my old Ibanez
Blazer already was a PITA, I prefer to pay for assembling the Roland
GK-Kit-GT3 to the new guitar, instead of doing it myself.

Regards,
Ralf

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{-pussytoes,-securityink,-cornflower,}}|cut -d\  -f2
4.16.3-1