[LAU] Microphone advice

Roger gurusonic at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 15:45:40 CEST 2018

On 22/04/18 18:07, david wrote:
> Good evening!
>
> I currently don't have a microphone of any sort. I don't generally do
> a lot of audio recording, but I do sing (sort of), play a Garcia
> Concert Model 3 nylon string classical guitar, and occasionally do
> silly things like play my collection of wind chimes ...
>
> So - what would be a good, reasonably-priced mic for those uses?
>
> Thanks.

I use and recommend the Audio-Technica AT2041SP Studio Microphone Pack.
The AT2020 is great for vocals and the AT2021 is better for acoustic
instruments. These are both condenser mics so you need an interface or
mixer that can supply phantom power.

https://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wired_mics/80a15233981be556/

If you don't have an interface/mixer, there are two USB models available
(I haven't used these):
16-bit, 44.1/48 kHz -
https://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wired_mics/5879a6ca22e5aa7e/index.html
24-bit/96 kHz -