[LAU] Microphone advice

robertlazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 15:54:25 CEST 2018

On Sun, Apr 22, 2018, 2:07 AM david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:

> Good evening!
>
> I currently don't have a microphone of any sort. I don't generally do a
> lot of audio recording, but I do sing (sort of), play a Garcia Concert
> Model 3 nylon string classical guitar, and occasionally do silly things
> like play my collection of wind chimes ...
>
> So - what would be a good, reasonably-priced mic for those uses?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> David W. Jones
> gnome at hawaii.rr.com
> authenticity, honesty, community
> http://dancingtreefrog.com

I bought a rode nt2 for my wives vocals and it worked out well ymmv.

However that is for vocals.

My other mic for recording amplified instruments or anything in my home
studio room is the Shure sm57 ... Still probably the most common mic for a
lot of instruments. Also has the advantage of being almost indestructible.

Kind regards,
Robert