[LAU] [Music] Summer Theme

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Apr 23 22:08:18 CEST 2018

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018 19:02:10 +0200 (CEST)
"Jeanette C." <julien at mail.upb.de> wrote:

>> https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/summer-theme

> Comparing this to the last remix, the kick seems less poignant.

If a certain hesitation at bringing the kick too forward, especially
one that's fatter, since the bass part was not created with that in
mind.  At this point I do not want to redo the bass, and I do not want
to try to 'fix it in the mix'.

> Overall, it sounds like there is more subtle compression, much closer
> to the first version, though the EQ'ing feels more balanced.

A little EQing was done in the mastering.  Since hearing it the first
time, I'm still amazed at how much of a signal boost the stereo track
gets by cutting a bit in the very highs.

> A good demonstration why it's worth it to return to a
> "finished" work and reopen the case.

I also like much more that mix BUT... it has flaws.  I listen to it
again and the synth parts are way too underneath.  Doing what I did,
adding the kick and just touching up a tad the bass (using a new
plugin ! oh no)  affected the whole mix.  To my ears there's way too
much bass now.

So I'll rework it and post an update.

Cheers.