[LAU] Help getting sound from Cakewalk UA-25 EX to Ardour

HernanLG hernanlabbeg at startmail.com
Wed Apr 25 10:32:26 CEST 2018

Jeremy Jongepier wrote

> Does the interface work with another computer or OS? Which input are you
> using? Instruments should go into input 2 and if it's a stringed
> instrument with a pickup and no preamp the Hi-Z button should be
> activated. What kind of instrument are you using it with? Could you test
> with something else like a microphone?

Yes, the interface worked in the computer of the person I got it from. I am
connecting an electric bass guitar to the input2/R with Hi-Z pushed.
Sensitivity knobs are set to middle, volume to high. Neither the mono nor
the Mon SW buttons are pressed. The input know is set to a little over the
middle. As I said before, I know the interface gets sounds because if I turn
the sensitivity on a lot, I can see the peak light lighting up when playing
the instrument.

I tested with a mic but the same. NO sound is shown on the computer.

Jeremy Jongepier wrote
> It sounds more like a setting on the interface itself.

The settings at the back are:

Sample Rate: 44.1
Advanced mode: off
Phantom: Off
Comp/Limit type: Bypass
Ground Lift: nor
and the usb input has the cable that connects it to the computer.

Any suggestion to figure why I can't record sound are very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
Sent from: http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/linux-audio-user-f5.html