[LAU] Help getting sound from Cakewalk UA-25 EX to Ardour

Martín Ferrari ferrari_martin at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 00:27:45 CEST 2018

Have you tried taking a look at the files under /proc/asound?

My m-audio card is card1, so I can check its recording status files under the directory /proc/asound/card1/pcm0c/sub0 (ubuntu).
    There, I have the files: hw_params, info, status, sw_params and xrun_injection.
     The file I check is hw_params. It will show whether the card has been opened for recording (or playback), the rate in khz, if it's mono or stereo, etc. If the card is not recording (or playing back), it will show 'closed'.

     I believe the structure of that directory changes depending on the card. For my card, the directory card1/pcm0c is for the recording interface, and pcm0p is for the playback interface, so you will need to figure out where to look.
     Maybe you can check those files and see if there's something you can figure out from there.

Martín.