[LAU] M-Audio Fast Track Pro: unreliable, distorted recording

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Thu Aug 2 13:42:04 CEST 2018

Am 02.08.2018 um 11:29 schrieb Ketil Thorgersen:
> So - dear clever people: Should I abandon the card or do you have some
> ideas for a possible solution for me?

Depends on what is more valuable to you: your time or a few hundred
bucks for a new interface. Nowadays there is quite a choice of midprice
USB audio interfaces, which work with Linux without hassle.

My experience with M-Audio interfaces (I have a Fast Track Pro) on Linux
is also that it's driver seems to not work correctly too often.

For a band I would take a look at the MIDAS MR18, for example. It can
also replace your mixer (because it is one).

Chris