[LAU] M-Audio Fast Track Pro: unreliable, distorted recording

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Thu Aug 2 18:25:11 CEST 2018

On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 17:04:23 +0200
Ketil Thorgersen <ketil.thorgersen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any other tips for a decent replacement if I need one (perhaps slightly
> cheaper than the Midas)?

I've had a Soundcraft MTK mixer for a while now, and am very happy with it.
It sends each channel (post-gain, pre-EQ) out via USB as well as the master
L and R channels.  All digital I/O is 48K/24-bit.

It's not a digital mixer, so using a tablet to mix like the Midas is not
really an option, but they run a bit cheaper than the Midas gear, and sound
great.  I quite like the preamps and the EQ; the FX are by Lexicon which
seems pretty common on most mixers with FX these days.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com