[LAU] M-Audio Fast Track Pro: unreliable, distorted recording

Ketil Thorgersen ketil.thorgersen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 19:06:31 CEST 2018

Den 2018-08-02 18:25, skrev Joe Hartley:
> On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 17:04:23 +0200
> Ketil Thorgersen <ketil.thorgersen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Any other tips for a decent replacement if I need one (perhaps slightly
>> cheaper than the Midas)?
> I've had a Soundcraft MTK mixer for a while now, and am very happy with it.
> It sends each channel (post-gain, pre-EQ) out via USB as well as the master
> L and R channels.  All digital I/O is 48K/24-bit.
>
> It's not a digital mixer, so using a tablet to mix like the Midas is not
> really an option, but they run a bit cheaper than the Midas gear, and sound
> great.  I quite like the preamps and the EQ; the FX are by Lexicon which
> seems pretty common on most mixers with FX these days.

Thanks!
This looks like a really nice card/mixer - but considering that the
Midas has twice the inputs the price of the Midas seems like a really
good one - if I should need more than 8 inputs (which we turned out to
need during the last session). I will count my money and look for good
deals I guess. That is if I do not get the M-audio to perform.

Ketil