[LAU] M-Audio Fast Track Pro: unreliable, distorted recording

Felix Homann linuxaudio at showlabor.de
Sat Aug 4 21:52:38 CEST 2018

First, thanks to Tim and David! It's nice to have your support :-) Highly
appreciated!

Now for Ralf:

Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> schrieb am Sa., 4. Aug. 2018 um
20:32 Uhr:

> Yes, I will apologize as soon as other will apologize, too, who
> mentioned the "working with children and propaganda to order kits for
> the kids via Amazon" discrepancy a long time before I did.

Ralf,
Fons did not mention anything related to Amazon. Fons did apologize on
April 7, 2015. Without having to be pushed to do so, without any
preconditions.

Moreover, on my website I just show *what I have created and where to get
it*. Even when I linked to commercials on Youtube for kits that were not
created by me  - those commercials were there as working samples. Think of
something like a showreel. That's part of my job. I can't see anything
wrong with it. I have never sold anything after my shows and I have never
tried to do so. There's no merch available, no kits, no books - nothing.

> Actually
> it's related to this thread, since it says much about Felix'
> credibility.

 How is my credibility related to the discussion? What does "it" tell you
about my credibility? There's no secret connection to anything! You're
simply trying to discredit me for whatever reasons - AGAIN!

You can probably safely desist from any kind of apology. I can hardly take
it seriously anymore now that you repeated your attacks and try to
discredit my integrity and credibility even more directly with your last
email.

> I clearly explained the reason for my hint and he started
> an offence and apart from this his offence contains absurd claims
> regarding professional audio gear.

I called your idea of "Even 'powerful and complex' professional gear is
designed to be self-explaing" nonsense in general. That is true.  I did not
expect you to see this as an offense. But in fact, I even misread your
statement in that I interpreted it as saying "*All*  professional gear is
designed to be self-explaing."

I therefore unconditionally apologize for my "nonsense" statement. I'm
sorry!