[LAU] M-Audio Fast Track Pro: unreliable, distorted recording

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sat Aug 4 21:27:52 CEST 2018

Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> writes:

> Off-topic:
>
> Yes, I will apologize as soon as other will apologize, too, who
> mentioned the "working with children and propaganda to order kits for
> the kids via Amazon" discrepancy a long time before I did. Actually
> it's related to this thread, since it says much about Felix'
> credibility.

That's complete and utter garbage.  The discussion did not at any point
rely on arguments by authority, so Felix' "credibility" is completely
unrelated to his argument.  Your ad hominem attack rather severely harms
your own credibility since it seems that you have run out of other means
of persuasion.

> I clearly explained the reason for my hint and he started an offence
> and apart from this his offence contains absurd claims regarding
> professional audio gear.

His offence, apparently, being that he disagrees with you.

> Too funny, since I worked for decades as professional audio and video
> engineer and at the moment I've got an employment agreement for 1 1/2
> years in childcare, with just 5 month left. A part of my job in
> childcare, is exactly doing such work as he offers.

Ah, so now we are getting to "arguments by authority".

> I never was interested in this off-topic talk, my original reply was
> on-topic. I didn't start it!

You most certainly started the ad hominem attacks and the argument by
authority bullshit.  You didn't start the disagreement but this is a
discussion group and your role in it is not that of a pope but of a
contributor.

I very much agree that you were totally out of line here.  Unfortunately
for Felix and the general appearance of the list, the resources for
maintaining a mailing list like this really preclude adding a layer of
moderation so it is a resource problem to stop people from occasionally
seeing a list member go off the rails.

If the problem becomes systematic and not otherwise possible to deal
with, that might warrant action.

--
David Kastrup