[LAU] New browser chiptune live-coding environment

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri Aug 10 04:20:14 CEST 2018

Hi Louigi,

On 09/08/18 17:10, Louigi Verona wrote:
> Reading the docs. I am not sure if this is a mistake or not. It says
>
> |#(at % 8 {2 60 7 55})
> will yield: |nil nil 60 nil nil nil nil 55 nil nil 60 nil nil nil nil 55
> nil ...|
>
> |But shouldn't the amount of nils between 60 and 55 be seven and not four?
What the `at` function does is sequence events at particular time ticks
modulus the second argument.

So here we are saying take the current tick % and wrap it around at 8:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 0 1 ....

Then the map says "when you hit 2 return 60, and when you hit 7 return 55".

So that's why we get the pattern:

0   1   2  3   4   5   6   7  0   1...
nil nil 60 nil nil nil nil 55 nil nil...

The 60 is appearing at 2 and the 55 is appearing at 7 and so on.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
http://mccormick.cx/