[LAU] "Remastered" an accordion recording, want an opinion

Francesco Ariis fa-ml at ariis.it
Wed Aug 15 12:43:52 CEST 2018

Hello David,

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 09:49:38PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Would you think that I am better off using the latter version?  Does it
> differ on playback device (headphone/speakers)?  Seems a bit like
> cheating...

First of all, congrats on exquisite playing and control of dynamics.
Both version are good: in my opinion the latter sounds slightly clearer
at the expense of feeling a slightly more artificial.
I would pick 1, because I prefer video creators spend their
time shooting and uploading rather than post-producing (given that time
is a constraint for all of us).

> Now it can be that it's the same people who already commented/voted
> before who listened to it but since I replaced the old video in a
> playlist, this is sort of troubling: am I doing people a favor?

I wouldn't discount this: subscriber gets a notification of a new video,
sees similar title/music, is pleased but doesn't bother engaging
like last time. Nothing to do with perceived quality.

Have fun playing
-F