[LAU] aeolus, compiled and repos

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Thu Aug 23 17:53:16 CEST 2018

tom haddington <meshugga42 at gmail.com> writes:

> David:
>
> The architecture is 64bit.  My apologies for not mentioning that.  My
> projects are not quite in order enough for me to upgrade to 18.04, though
> it was my plan to do so in the next few weeks.
>
> That's what i was thinking: The path to definitions is not clearly
> defined.  i've never learned the format for setting those paths.

Aeolus' documentation is close to non-existent.  For some stuff you just
need to read the source, like for figuring out which Midi events and
controllers are processed and how.

> i've half a head to uninstall stops and recompile the newer version to
> see if that solves anything.  Given the morning's plans, though, i'm a
> few hours away from that....

The problem is one of stack space so a single-line change should be
sufficient.  However, I don't think there are any drawbacks with newer
versions, so as long as you are recompiling anyway, you can just use the
newest.

--
David Kastrup