[LAU] noise problem, need some help

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sun Aug 26 13:57:17 CEST 2018

Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> writes:

> Greetings,
>
> Recently my computer rebooted after a power outage and after having an
> uptime of many months. I'm running Fedora 23 here, with Fernando's rt
> kernel from Planet CCRMA, on hardware that includes an AMD FX6300, 16G
> memory, a big hard drive, and nVidia graphics. For those months of
> uptime I've enjoyed a smooth-running system with very few issues. The
> CPU runs in performance mode, and as far as I can tell the system has
> been sweetly optimized for realtime audio.
>
> Alas, after rebooting I now have extremely annoying issues with noise
> from my wireless mouse when running VCV Rack, which is a problem I
> never had before the reboot. I suspect IRQ assignment, but I'm awfully
> rusty at troubleshooting so I'm asking the group for advice.

Do you have a wired mouse or other pointing device (does not sound like
a laptop or there would be a few available) for comparison?  I imagine
"noise from my wireless mouse" to refer to mouse _movements_ and those
do not just exercise the mouse and its USB connection but also the mouse
cursor display.  If the problem is actually with the graphics
controller, using a different pointing device could provide a clue.

--
David Kastrup