[LAU] Acid December 2018

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Dec 1 11:26:23 CET 2018

On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 11:05:55 +0100, Set Hallstrom wrote:
>On 2018-12-01 10:52, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 10:18:32 +0100, Set Hallstrom wrote:
>> Regarding telephone, I only use landline and
>> even my cassette tape recorder telephone answering device is
>> disconnected.
>
>No surprise, you are probably the most cyberpunk person I've come
>across on the world wild webb, whether it is a genre you'd adhere to
>or not. I aspire to more disconnection, but work has had me do
>compromises I'm still not too comfortable with. Perhaps it is my
>slightly cynical-leaning but still positive optimism speaking, i think
>we're approaching a shift where disconnection is becoming the ultimate
>societal status. I hear for example of a music scene that only takes
>place on dead-drops [1] poetically labeled "Forbidden music"... I still
>have to come across one of those dead-drops. (I'm actually planning on
>cementing a few USB sticks this weekend) but my sources tell me this
>might be where the Dark-Vapour scene started.

:)

Btw.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ uptime
 11:17:41 up 3 days,  3:58,  1 user,  load average: 0.02, 0.10, 0.19

Just 3 days, only because I needed to reboot, since I wanted to test a
kernel from Arch's testing (or staging) repository.

I'm not per se against being connected, I'm just against having no time
to be all by myself.