[LAU] for sale: "vintage" RME interfaces

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Fri Dec 14 12:58:50 CET 2018

Michael Jarosch <riotsound at riotmusic.de> writes:

> Am Donnerstag, den 13.12.2018, 17:15 -0500 schrieb Paul Davis:
>> It's bonanza time[…]
>>
>> What's available:
>>
>>      RME Hammerfall 9652
>
> Some months ago, I updated my multimedia-system, hardware-wise. But one
> thing I kept was the RME HDSP 9652.
> There are still mainboards that keep PCI-Classic alive!

There are PCcard to PCI adapters, there are Expresscard to PCcard
adapters.

I can still use my RME DSP Hammerfall using an Expresscard to PCcard
adapter (and I think there are Thunderbolt to Expresscard adapters?  In
case one upgrades to a laptop without Expresscard slot?).

The upgrade roads that are not really open as far as I can see are going
via USB (USB-to-Expresscard adapters exist but occupy only the USB
rather than the PCIx lane of the Expresscard interface).

--
David Kastrup