[LAU] for sale: "vintage" RME interfaces

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Dec 14 14:04:01 CET 2018

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 6:51 AM Michael Jarosch <riotsound at riotmusic.de>
wrote:

> Another question is: What device replaced the 9652?

for me personally? my soundcard journey:

     Turtle Beach Tropez+ (I wrote the driver)
     Hoontech something or other (the last interface to do multi-open in
hardware - 16 or 32 subdevices!)
     RME Hammerfall 9652 (I rewrote the driver, thanks Winfried)
     RME Digiface
     RME HDSP 9652
           .... RME Fireface 400 (used on a Mac Mini)
     MOTU Ultralite AVB

I'd rather be using RME+PCI still, but the form factor of computers I use
now (mini-ATX etc) doesn't allow it. The MOTU is a solid device, and nearly
as flexible as the *amazing* fireface 400, but MOTU+USB is never going to
warm my heart in the same way as the various RME devices did.