[LAU] Looking for voice recording suggestions

hollundertee at gmx.net hollundertee at gmx.net
Fri Dec 14 23:54:14 CET 2018

Hi there,

I'm currently taking part in a game jam and I'll have to do a whole lot
of voice recordings tomorrow.
I have barely any experience with that.

I do have a laptop, USB audio interface, mic, stand and a bunch of
questions.

1) Room: Besides corridors and such I have access to a roughly 2x10 m
room or a bigger room, I guess 10x20 m. I guess go for the bigger one?
They are both rather empty, safe for tables and chairs.

2) Recording software? Ardour, something simpler?

3) Post processing, normalization of some sort. I'll have at least four
total amateur voice actors and all in all hundreds of lines.

4) What did I forget?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Best regards,
Philipp